Saturday, June 6, 2009

Track meet

This was the district trackmeet, the 13th of May. For those of you who don't know what that is; it is a track meet held every year for the schools in our school district 4th grade-8th grade participate. It is usually in Tropic and every kid in those grades has to choose 3 or 4 events to do. Drew did the high jump (landing shown below), the 100 m dash and the shot put. I was very proud of him and at one point wanted to slap him. Last year he jumped over the high jump forward and then I taught him how to do it and he did it the correct way this year. In his heat of the 100 he got second (close to first). But (here is the almost slapping part) we never did hear the call for the shot put, so I told him to go check, when he came back he said I did it. So I didn't get to even see him throw it, therefore no pic. Anyway, I am proud of him for participating and wanting to learn.

No comments: